On the day that your security system gets installed, your ADT technician will set up your account using your email address. A Welcome Letter is then sent to that email address with a link asking you to complete set up of your new account. The link also serves as a way to verify your email address
Command - Verify Email FAQs
If your email isn’t verified, an issue will appear on your account stating that you have not confirmed your email address. To resolve this, contact our customer support team by calling 1-800-ADT-ASAP.
There are a few things you can do to try to find your Welcome Letter:
- Check your spam/junk folders to verify that the email was not marked as spam or junk. Run a search within these individual folders using search terms such as verify, verification, or primary or from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Try to access your email from an alternative method. Try opening your email on a web browser if you’re on your email app. Certain apps run their inbox differently, so filters cannot be checked, and emails may be more difficult to locate.
- Use email filters and rules to verify that the email was not placed into another folder. This option may not be available on a mobile browser or app.
- Check your blocked senders list. If the adtcontrol.com domain is on your blocked senders list, please remove it and add the domain to the safe senders list.
- Check your inbox storage capacity. If your inbox has reached storage capacity, the email address may be unable to receive emails. In this case, you should delete some old emails or set up a new email address to receive emails.
- You may be using a private email address that uses a firewall or email filtering that could be beyond your user control. If this is the case, contact your IT professional. To verify if this is indeed the issue, create a public email address (eg. Gmail, Hotmail, or Yahoo) and use that to verify your new ADT Control account.
If you still have issues accessing the email, please contact your email service provider to attempt to resolve or by calling 1-800-ADT-ASAP.